TedInSaltLakeCity

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

CLASSIC MYSPACE BLOG - JEFF POHL/JAC NOEL

In the late eighties I wanted to write write write, but a lot was in the way.

Zeus was off taking the form of god-knows-what in order to get a little and it would be decades before he would drop Myspace at my feet.

Until then it was notebooks and that just wouldn't do because my kind of writing in this instance called for gallons and gallons of white-out, of which I could not afford. I know what your saying: pencil and eraser, duh!

I don't like the feel of writing with a pencil, okay?

Fuck.

Totally harshing my buzz.

Anyway, I was troubled because it was so gosh darned funny. Trent knew it was Jeff Pohl, but he kept calling him Jac Noel, mostly behind his back but even to his face.

Funny, like, times a trillion.

Alex was encouraging me to write and I was like, how could I explain how funny it is, this thing Trent does?

Not possible.

Alex wouldn't have it.

Certainly with some amount of setup -- some context -- my sentiment can be aptly expressed.

Yeah, probably.

But today I'd just write:

Jeff Pohl entered Ted's apartment and sauntered past the table-top Asteroids, announcing, "I've gotta take a huge, steamy-gooey shit."

Trent was all, "Hey Jac Noel!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home